Sunday, 15 September 2013

Hair + Natsumatsuri + Another 21st

Heya everyone! Once again I disappeared for a quite a long while, my sincere apologies. I just came back from Myanmar a few days ago, and I promise to blog diligently.

So this post is another back log. Had a pretty busy day on 24th Aug. First had an early appointment at Headlines Hairdressing because I was sick of my fringe and wanted to cut bangs. Appt was at 10.30am and I was still at Outram Park station at that time. But....I still reached the salon before Jerry did! Hahahaha. And he still said that I'm late for my appt on fb. >_>

Horrid picture of me because I woke up late and didn't have time to put on any makeup. Look at those dark eye circles. And omfg I just realised that my face is swollen/bloated too.  /cries/ So I decided to just put a small picture.
After the haircut, I went down to Fendi for a bit to pass a bag to my ex-colleague who ordered from taobao through me. (anyone wanna order from taobao? I can help! shameless self-promotion) Only Haru-san, Gigi and the new assistant manager were there though. So after some catching up with them, I left. Next I was meeting my cousin to go shopping at suntec. There was this mega flea convention thing going on and I decided to go early on the first day itself so that I get first dips on the nicer ones.

There was this mega miscommunication between the two of us and I was waiting for her at bayfront station while she was waiting at esplanade station. /epic fail/ So after calling her to find out where she was, I headed over to esplanade station. Anyway, we were walking to suntec when we walked past an advertisement for korean food with lunch special. So we decided to go and grab some lunch before starting our shopping spree. hahas.
Yups, so lunch was at Kkongdon Barbeque at Marina Square (Marina Link).

Me, my cousin and my newly cut bangs. 
I can totally forget about eating because there's a TV right in front of me playing Kpop MVs. Like really, who needs food. xDDD Just kidding, I need food.
We ordered the chicken and pork BBQ set for 2. So together with their lunch set, there's like free flow of side dishes for us to help ourselves too. I took some of everything to taste and give comments on. Their kimchi wasn't that nice actually, it was dry and there wasn't much flavor to it. Oh their pickled seaweed was nice though, I went for multiple helpings of that. Pickled ladyfinger and pickled beansprouts were just so-so. 

Ever since I watched SHINee on Maknae Rebellion, I've always wanted to eat at a Korean BBQ with the ventilation above the grill. Wish finally fulfilled! 

One thing I like about this BBQ is that the grill is slanted, so all the excess oil just flows down and collects on that plastic sheet. 

Kimchi tofu soup to wash everything down~
After lunch, finally headed over to the convention hall to check the clothes out. By then, it was already close to 2.30pm. And I was meeting Renyue and Tien Yeh at Tanah Merah station at 5.30pm to head to Natsumatsuri together, the thing is, I was also going to go back home to change and get my makeup done. So yeah, I was rushing everywhere~~~~~~~
Anyway, I didn't really find much items that caught my eye at the flea. But, I managed to find this really pretty floral blazer from FYN which was so so so pretty. You'll see a picture of it in my next post! You should check out their stuff though, they have loads of lovely clothing at affordable prices. Walking around, I also spotted a pair of earrings that would have looked great on my aunt so I bought that as an early birthday gift for her. I was out of cash by then and was lazy to go all the way down just to withdraw, so I ended up just walking around with my cousin and checked out the other stalls. I couldn't stay for long though, and left slightly past 4.

After rushing home and changing and getting my makeup done, finally on the train, but I was going to be on time. Was. That is until, the train in front decided to break down and after Paya Lebar, I was stuck at every stop for 5min. 5min. At every stop. Until Tanah Merah. And I only had 56% batt left so I couldn't just randomly surf the net to entertain myself. Anyway, apparently RY was in the train before mine.........

For once TY was one time and he ended up waiting for the 2 of us at Tanah Merah for about half an hour. Oops. While RY claimed that she purposely took her own sweet time and came late because TY was always late and she didn't want to wait for him. 
But either way, we made it to Natsumatsuri finally, and I ran into so many familiar faces. 

At the entrance to the festival. Even though we came at 6+, the entrance was still pretty crowded.

While hunting for the ramen stall, I ran into Hui Hui and her friend. 

I was pretty surprised to see Brice at the festival. But either way, picture plox. 

It's been a really long time since I last saw G'maine. But omfg, her hairrrrr. /likes/ /wants/

The sausage stall!

Finally met Xeth. Who has been bugging me for a meet up but I always had something on D:

Because I went late, I missed Twinnie's performance. D: But still, managed to catch him for a picture. 

Bon Odori! The ladies dancing on stage were so cute. 

Was walking around when I ran into some of the JCC peeps. And asked them where the rest were. And Shota is acting shy and covering his face because it was red from drinking too much beer. HAHAHAHAH.

PENGGGGG. Mah gymming buddy back when we were in school.

Sam pouring the first cup of sake for the birthday boy. P.S. The one in thick black framed specs at the back. 

Was about to leave when I remembered that my top was with Hui Hui and I desperately gave her 7 missed calls. Luckily she made it out on time before I boarded the shuttle bus.

Natsu was great though. Because I got to meet so many friends whom I had pretty much lost contact with. 
I stayed at there until about 8pm, after which I had to head over to another friend's birthday chalet. So me, all alone, waiting for the shuttle bus, while being partially high from doing one shots with sake and rum. And...I only had about 10% batt life left. Not exactly the best combination. 

Before I reached Pasir Ris station, my phone batt decided to die on me. And I was in the middle of talking to Shi Min!!!! Luckily I memorised her room number. Or else...GG. At Downtown East, I went towards the wrong side and ended up at Costa Sands Resort. (Note: the party was at Aloha side) After I went in, I was like...omg where is that room? After asking the ticketing people, they told me it was at the other end. @_@ But even after I got to the correct resort, I spent abt 15-20min being lost because apparently her room was all the way at the end. But I finally made it there, in one piece, with aching feet, but I still made it. HAHAHAHAHA. Just in time too, as they were going to sing the birthday song and cut the cake.

Fondant Cake! My turn next yearrrrrr.

Picture with the birthday girl before the song!

Singing the birthday song now.

Cutting the cake!

Picture with the birthday girl before I leave. 
I felt really bad because I could only stay until the cake was cut and I had to leave soon after that. So...I reached the party about close to 9.30pm, and I left slightly past 10pm. But really, I still had to rush home because of curfew and stuff. =\ (and I also had to pop by at Dream to sign in at the gl before going home since I didn't know what time I could leave that night)

Either way, I had such a busy day on sat. While rushing everywhere. But it was great though, because I got to meet up with so many people whom I've not seen for close to a year and all. And I also filled certain cravings for certain kinds of...liquid. :ifyougetwhatImean:

I should sign off now. This post is long enough. Next few posts will be about my trip! ^_^ Bye~

No comments:

Post a Comment