Sunday 7 July 2013

SURPRISE! HAPPY 21ST!

On 4th July, we celebrated Mandy's 21st! Well, to be more precise, her mum organised a surprise party and informed us about it. The party was organised at Dallas Restaurant and Bar. And...it was my first time going to a bar.
Anyway I had class on that day. Of all days, class ended late that day. I was supposed to meet Felicia and Winnie at Raffles MRT at 6.45pm, by the time I left school, it was already 6.20. AND I STILL HAD TO GO HOME AND CHANGE. (thank goodness I already prepared all my clothes beforehand) But still, I only had time to dab on some eye shadow and mascara. Even then, I was pretty much already late in meeting the girls so I just told them to go on first while I cabbed down. Thank goodness I arrived before Mandy came.
Camwhoring while waiting for the birthday girl

Crescentians unite! 
 I didn't manage to take pictures when Mandy came in because we were all holding party poppers and clapping and all.
Birthday girl with her super cool dad

Ahhhh~ I missed Mandy so much. Everytime she came back from  Vancouver, things would always crop up and we would be unable to meet. 

WARNING! MORE CAMWHORE!
It's not good to test out the timer while chewing on your food at the same time. Lolololol.  But gah, my eye bags are really obvious in this picture.



Felicia decided that she has had enough of me taking her unglam pictures.


The night view from the 3rd floor of the restaurant/bar.

Mandy's mum was so awesome. She told us to just order whatever we wanted from the bar. Like, omfg free flow of drinks. 
Waiters and Waitresses were walking around with trays of food. I think these are called 'canapes'. Right? Do correct me if I'm wrong.
First up we have deep fried calamari.

Crab rolls and some sort of chicken satay.

Smoked salmon with cream cheese on chips. (It was a little salty though. I love smoked salmon  but was unable to eat more than 2 of it)

It's like tortilla wrap with spicy chicken inside.

BROWNIEEEEEEEEE *_*

Okay TBH, I didn't try this so I'm not sure what it is. Maybe, cheese tart with cream and strawberry? 


It's been a long time since I really had the time to catch up with the girls so I'm really glad for this opportunity.



THE OMFG AWESOME CAKE! 


Finally a picture with just me and the birthday girl!

Beer Pong! Mandy first faced off against her dad. Like omfg, who plays beer pong with their daughters?! That's why I said her parents are so cool. 


Finally it's time for the birthday song and to cut the cake!


I really really want a fondant cake like this for my 21st too!!!! 


GROUP HUG BECAUSE WHO KNOWS WHEN ALL 5 OF US WILL MEET AGAIN.

Wanted to take a nice full body pic to also show my OOTD but...my face is so damn awkward in here. *sobs*

Let's just stick to selcas where I...look okay


This came about because Felky was saying that I look like I just came from the Genie MV set. 

She accuses me of taking unglam pictures of her and yet gives me derp faces. Hahas. God, I love this girl so much. *hugs*

Final picture with Winnie before we had to leave because curfew for me and work  next day for her.
All in all, I had a great time at the party. Simply because I got to catch up with my friends from secondary school, people whom I've not seen in ages. It was also my first time experiencing the nightlife over at Boat Quay. Like woah, there sure were a lot of expats. I actually felt a little awkward walking through the crowd in my outfit.
At the same time, I would really like to hold a fabulous(like me) 21st too! 1 year and 1 mth to go! I've always watched shows like Amazing Wedding Cakes and Ace of Cakes, so I really want a gorgeous over the top fondant cake for my 21st! While typing this, I had a sudden inspiration for my cake design. So there'll be 2 cards, one ace of hearts and one queen of hearts. The cards represent my age, 21, and at the same time, the color red shows that I am a Cassiopeia (DBSK fandom) and finally, the cards show that I'm a Blackjack (2NE1 fandom). 8D

I have not even celebrated by 20th birthday and am already thinking of my 21st. Hahas. And I shall sign off now! Next post coming up in a bit!

No comments:

Post a Comment