Sunday 7 July 2013

FALLING IN LOVE with 2NE1



I'm falling in love with 2NE1's new song, Falling In Love!
This is going to be my first time doing a review for a MV so I hope I won't bore all of you out.
I'll be commenting on all aspects of the MV, like set, costume and all. Let's get started!

1) MV Set
The beach scene. I really love the clean look. Like, the whole time, they just used the same area, with it simply decorated with the cloth. And they look really relaxed and fun. Btw, I watched it a few times, and, it's a fake beach right? Hahas.
The Egyptian themed room. Mainly gold and white decor, with really minimal black decor. Once again, a clean look but yet looks so classy. It's like, all of them look like modern goddesses. *_* They had 3 different sets and this was my favourite. Especially Minzy's scene, omg it's like she has the throne or something. With our dear CL being Cleopatra. It's kind of wasted that Bom's and Dara's scene wasn't as elaborate as the other 2.
The Basketball court/car scene. I guess you could say that these kind of scenes are common in most Kpop MVs. I'm not going to comment much on this set because IMO, it didn't stand out as much as the other 2 set. But really, it's just my opinion. I love the gold car though. It's so...big, bright and eye catching.

2) Outfits.
HELLO. THIS IS 2NE1. THEIR CLOTHES ARE FOREVER FABULOUS. /BIASED LIKE CRAZY BUT WHO CARES/ I think all of you are going to end up closing this page if I start mentioning one outfit by one outfit. Hahas. But really, the best part about the outfits in this MV is that we can copy the styles and wear in our everyday lives.(because really, how in the world can we wear the outfits from I'm The Best out for fun?) And omfg I totally loved Dara's look in her white outfit and blond hair. /spazz/

3) Music
The most important part! The tune was really catchy and after listening to it a few times, it'll probably be stuck in your head. It also felt like there was a little 'tribal-ish' kind of undertone to the composition. Or, maybe it's just me. The music allows the members to showcase their individual vocals. And the song is fun, light and enjoyable, which is pretty different from their past songs like I'm the Best, I Love You, Can't Nobody, Clap Your Hands.

4) Dance
Based on what I saw in the MV, the dance looked really fun and light. It's not a power dance, but more of a flowly flirty dance where anyone can learn it and just dance for fun. I can't wait to learn the dance!

5) Eye Candy
I just had to add this in. OMFG THE GUYS IN THERE ARE SO CUTEEEEEE. LIKE OMFG, PRETTY BOY PLOX.

To sum it up, I really really love this song. They maintained their image, but at the same time, did something different from their usual songs. It's something I can put on replay and just listen to it the whole day. I'm impressed and hope they win all the awards on the music shows!

~2NE1 Hwaiting!~

No comments:

Post a Comment